Thursday, February 21, 2013

This Ol' House Thursday...STILL Working On The Living Room

I am STILL working on lightening up our living room...I posted my curtain makeover here http://thevintagebarn.blogspot.com/2013/02/transformation-tuesdaypoof-gone-with.html  .  It is definitely a work in progress...lots to do and not a lot of time.  



I have a few colors in Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint...not all yet (building my inventory slowly...little costly on this WAHM budget!)  So, to get the look of other colors...I am mixing them.  Here, I am mixing Florence, Old White and Paris Grey...I will let you know the results later this week.  


Here is a little peek...it is still wet, not distressed and not waxed and buffed yet...give her a break!




But...I am finished with this sweet little piece...an entry table or set a mirror on her and you have an instant vanity!   When I bought this someone had painted it in a flat black...not bad.  I cleaned it thoroughly and gave it a base coat of Annie Sloan Old White and then Paris Grey over that.



I gently distressed it in natural wear places...




Such pretty, dainty lines...


All done!  I love this little piece...click on the "shop" link for more info or message me on Facebook...




Love & Junk~
Julie




Linking up to and PArTYinG with.........

Photobucket


Somewhat Simple



Photobucket

Transformation Thursday




52 Mantels



Furniture Feature Fridays


2 comments:

  1. I love the AS color Florence...I'd love to order that and some Old White. Hopefully soon! Your pieces turned out beautifully...good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann...you have MADE MY NIGHT!!!! Reading this from you is an HONOR!

      I really admire you and your work...thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit me!

      PLEASE come back next week...when I post the finished product on that chest of drawers. The mix of AS paints...my little "concoction" I came up with...I think it is my all time favorite piece.

      Have a FABULOUS week!
      Julie

      Delete