Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dairy Wife Wednesday...Banana Cupcakes (or so our 4 year old thinks!)


First off...this is the best banana MUFFIN you will eat.  I have called it a "cupcake" only to trick our 4 year old into eating breakfast!

This recipe is a mish mash of a few different recipes that I like...one from a church cookbook, one that I stumbled upon on the internet and yes, Martha!

I have omitted the oil and added butter (of course!) AND added the sour cream that Martha puts in hers.



The reason this recipe is titled Banana "Cupcakes" is only to trick our 4 year old into eating!  She is a VERY light eater (I would wonder if she were mine...except I remember EVERY bit of delivering her!) 
So, we set off this morning and with her help, we gathered, mixed and baked the "cupcakes."  
Oh, my goodness...she can NOT wait to eat a "cupcake" for breakfast! 
 (I think I am on my way to winning this battle...)


 I have found this combination to be the best tasting and most moist recipe for banana bread/muffins.  Give it a try!


Start with 1/2 cup of REAL CA butter at room temperature... 



2 eggs...


1 cup of granulated sugar...



Mix butter, eggs and sugar until light and fluffy...


In a separate bowl... mix 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour...


1 tsp baking soda...


1 tsp salt...


Blend the dry ingredients into the butter mix...mix well.


Add 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas...about 3 medium bananas.


1/2 cup sour cream

1 tsp vanilla


Fill up about 3/4 of the way full...and we added walnuts to a few...

Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-18 minutes...maybe a bit longer...



Don't forget a cold glass of REAL CA milk!



Love & Junk~
Julie

Linking up to and ParTYinG with........

Photobucket





Lil\'Luna










3 comments:

  1. I think we may frost these "cupcakes" with a little Nutella...oooohhhhh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nutella! Now we are talking! Really these look great as is! And yes, they call for milk! Thanks for sharing - I am totally pinning this!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ciuld eat Nutella by the spoonfuls!!!! These really are super moist...and the sour cream mskes them just so good! Have a great rest of your week!

      Delete