Thursday, January 3, 2013

Coffee Addicts Unite!

No Joke. Addicted to coffee.
So addicted that I found these authentic burlap coffee bean bags at a flea market in Northern California and knew they had to go home with me. For something. I was sure I could do something with them...they wer going home with me. Back to the addiction for a minute. Seriously, an 8 cup pot MYSELF (my husband doesn't drink coffee) and in the fall and winter months...another 4-6 cup ot in the afternoon. LOVE it. I love the smell, the taste and just the feel of holding my warm mug. With an almost 4 year old (her birthday invites should have gone out today) and a 1 year old...I NEED IT!
Okay, now back to the uses for the burlap coffee sacks. Pillows!!! Yep, after airing them out and dumping out left over coffee beans...I started sewing. I have made pillows, some with the coffee sack front ad back, others with a cool black or red canopy stripe fabric on the back. I sell these pillows in my Etsy shop, www.thevintagebarn.etsy.com for around $35. So, it is almost 4:00pm and it is a chilly winter day...you can guess where I am headed. To my kitchen to brew a pot of coffee! Now...for a fabulous coffee treat that OF COURSE has a dairy product (supporting my husband and fellow dairy farmers!) in the recipe. This was (and still is) my favorite winter drink. I found this on a fellow blogger's site, www.dineanddish.net. This is an Eagle Brand recipe...delish! Love & Junk ~ Julie
Cinnamon Spiced Cafe Latte A pot of sweet and cinnamon goodness, from our friends at Eagle Brand Ingredients 3/4 cup ground Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 3 cups cold water 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk Whipped cream, as desired Additional ground cinnamon Instructions 1.Stir together ground coffee and cinnamon. Brew coffee in coffeemaker using 3 cups cold water. 2.Pour sweetened condensed milk into large coffee pot or 1 1/2-quart pitcher. Add hot brewed coffee, stirring until thoroughly blended. 3.Pour coffee mixture into cafe mugs. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with additonal cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment